This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MS Cluster - Resource Down Alert

I am currently migrating our system monitoring from SCOM to Solarwinds. I cannot find a way to get the get display and reporting what I need in Solarwinds.

In SCOM I have it setup, that when a resource goes down I get an email alert with the Node name, which resource is down, and time it went down. I need something similar in Solarwinds. I have enabled both Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2012 R2 Failover Cluster and (Advanced).

Example of my SCOM Alert:

Alert: Microsoft.Windows.Cluster.Resource.StateMonitoring

Source: Resource Name

Path: Server Name and Cluster Name

Last Modified Time: 8/21/2018 4:30:55 PM

• That would be a component down alert. You can go into the triggered actions and alter the default email template to include the information you want in there.

For instance:

Component ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentName} of Application "${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.ApplicationAlert.ApplicationName}" on ${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.Node.Caption} is

currently in a state of "${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentAvailability}". 

You can use the Insert Variable button to find the information you're looking for.