This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Block email to a User

Hi,

We have a dynamic distribution group set up named all staff.  It queries exchange and sends an email to all exchange mailboxes.  Any way to block a ticket from being created when someone sends an email to the distribution list? it is blocked in the ignore senders section, but I need to block it as a recipient.

pastedImage_0.png

• Is there no way to exclude your WHD monitored inbox from the dynamic distribution group, like move it to a different OU?

Another thought might be to configure a rule in your WHD monitored inbox to auto-delete messages sent by 'allstaff', or at least redirect them to a folder other than the inbox. This way, WHD won't pick it up and create a ticket.

HTH

• I ended up changing my DDL from all exchange mailboxes to pulling from a tag in the Company Field.  Thanks for the hint, that pulled me in the proper direction.

Chris