This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing inventory location in WHD

We have recently changed the location for some of our inventory storage. I've done a +number to list the inventory in the new location, and a -number to zero it out at the old location. In help desk for the parts in question, it lists the old location as 0 with the new location as the on hand number. This triggers the inventory alert. How do I remove it as a location so under the parts list it doesn't show "Old Location: 0, New Location: 15"? I have tried exporting the inventory list, removing the old location, and then importing under the correct format, but that doesn't remove them. I'm afraid I'll have to delete each item and recreate it with just the new location. Diving into the DB might be an option, but our DBA is pretty busy at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

• A week later and no response... 40 views though. Does no one else have this problem? It's looking like I'm just going to have to delete and recreate the parts to get rid of the incorrect location.

• Have you changed the 'Store Parts' option to No in the location info?

• I cannot turn it off, as we have only moved some of the parts to a different location. There are still others that reside in that location.

• As an experiment, I added a new location as an option to store parts. I listed a quantity at that location. I then removed the quantity, thus leaving me at zero like in the original post. I then went into locations and disabled Store Parts for that location. That will remove it as a possible location from the list on the add inventory page, but it does nothing to remove the zero listed in the location count under the parts list. Turning off the location does nothing to help with my issue. Thanks for the suggestion though.

• I may be getting the wrong end of the stick here, but are you talking about the location still appearing in Inventory history?  If so, I would

have thought that would be correct as it is effectively an audit trail.

Rick

• The inventory history shows up when you click on a part to view/edit the details. What I'm talking about is on the page just before that, when you see all the parts from whatever your search was. It shows my existing inventory, and the inventory at the old location as zero (highlighted.) It's this zero that is causing my problem. I'm getting inventory alerts for locations that no longer have those parts stored there. I'll include a screen cap so you can see what I'm talking about... Don't ask why we store printer supplies in the sound room, lol. Forgive my paranoia, but I had to white out the identifiable room names.

Untitled.jpg

• Ah - I see what you mean.

I cant see a quick way around this to be honest.  I think you will need to either delete the parts and recreate them, or give them another part number and disable Inventory alerts and then create new parts if yo need to keep historical data.

Rick

• Is it possible to change the alert so that instead of generating from individual locations hitting the alert threshold, it would only trigger if the total number of parts reaches the threshold?

If it doesn't exist, it could be good to implement. There could be a toggle per part between total on hand, and location on hand alerts.