This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Capacity Trending Graph Help

FormerMember
FormerMember

Hi.  I have created this custom chart using SRM built-in reporting feature for each of my storage systems. Each report has 3 data series as shown below. I need to sum the values of "Capacity Subscribed" as one line, rather than each line for each disk pool.    Is there a way to do this and can someone help?

Looks like the first 2 data series belong to SRM.StorageArrayCapacityStatistics and the "CapacitySubscribed" data series belongs to SRM.PoolCapacityStatistics.  I have tried some SQL queries, but haven't been able to get anything to work yet. 

Any input appreciated.

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_0.png

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember

So, I started creating a SQL query to attempt this.

I joined a few tables as such:

SELECT SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics.CapacityUserTotal, SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics.CapacityUserUsed, SRM_PoolCapacityStatistics.CapacitySubscribed, SRM_PoolCapacityStatistics.DateTime, UserCaption

FROM SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics

FULL OUTER JOIN SRM_PoolCapacityStatistics on SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics.DateTime = SRM_PoolCapacityStatistics.DateTime

FULL OUTER JOIN SRM_StorageArrays on SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics.StorageArrayID =SRM_StorageArrays .StorageArrayID

WHERE year(SRM_StorageArrayCapacityStatistics.DateTime) =Year(getdate())

I see the following output in table form so I am getting some data:

pastedImage_0.png

In Reports Manager however, when creating a custom chart with this query, I see the error message below. I thought I could group data by UserCaption (System name). For some reason it doesn't like this.  Any ideas? If I can get the basic output in the graph, I can customize further.

pastedImage_1.png