This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WHD Incoming Mail Settings reset themself

Under E-Mail -> Options -> Incoming Mail I changed the settings of "Create Accounts for Unrecognized Senders" to YES and checked "Use Incoming Mail Account as "From" Address".

But the moment I get a new E-Mail by someone not having a client, the settings are completely reset and obviously no client is created.

Version is "12.5.2 - Build #12.5.2.84"

I also get the following error-message for the rejected mail:

Status Code: ERROR_WHILE_LOCATING_CLIENT

Additional Info: Could not locate or create client with email xxxxxx@mail.com' due to the following error: com.macsdesign.whd.util.ClientLocator$ClientLocatorException: No account exists for e-mail "xxxxxx@mail.com".

• Hi g_a_s,

Quick question, did you set the setting under Setup> Clients> Options to match the settings you changed under email options? It is the same setup in the top of the option page for both Email and Clients. Both will need to be set to the same setting for this to work. I hope this helps.

Cyribus

• Hey cyribus,

Here the settings I have set up before they're reset:

x.png

y.png

Only the E-Mail-Settings get reset after every E-Mail.

• Hello,

Can you provide screenshots with highlighted areas as to which settings are affected?

What's the earliest installed version of Web Help Desk within this server?

-Midnight

• y2.png

These are the settings that are reset every time.

It's a freshly installed server under Version "12.5.2 - Build #12.5.2.84".

• Okay... After fiddling around with the settings I somehow got it to work...

At first I tried to use the "only if e-mail matches an accepted domain"-option and added the external domain I wanted to test.

This worked.

After that I simply set it to "Yes", deleted the client, tried again, and it worked.

lastly I deleted the accepted domains, deleted the client, tried again, and it worked.

I also deleted the default incoming and outgoing E-Mail-Accounts and set them to the ones I set up. (I don't know if that had any effect on it though.)

I hope this helps if anyone else ever encounters the same issue.

• Hello g_a_s,

When you deleted the user account did you loose all the ticket history from the user? 

I have always been concerned about deleting users because I don't want to loose the ticket history.  I run reports on different ticket events and if I deleted a user that has a lot of history, it may mess up my reports.