3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2018 10:23 AM by eber123

Update WHD ticket by Email

sirbajan

How to update a WHD ticket by e-mail to add notes, change status, attach files

• Re: Update WHD ticket by Email
          eber123

Hello,

Straight away there are only two ways that I can see how to update a ticket by email:

• The user replies to an email send from WHD
          • A ticket was send by the user to the helpdesk / servicedesk (WHD), putting in the subject line the ticket number (Ticket 12345).

Both options work very well.

Depending on the setup your users access might be restricted to update only the own tickets, not others. This can cause some confusion.

Regards,

Eberhard

sirbajan

So are you saying I can't update a ticket to add an attached file by email?

eber123

Hello,

The way I see it that in general tech should be able to (but again that depends on chosen settings).

Users can update their own tickets, Client Admins all tickets for users of their department.

If ticket 12345 is opened for customer A. He/she will get a confirmation email (again this depends on the settings).

Now customer A can reply by email to their ticket, or sending an email to eg. Hepdesk@company.com putting in the subject line "ticket 123345.

If ticket 12345 was updated and customer A informed by email, but customer D was copied (CC), in theory customer D can't update the ticket (if it was so configured). This can cause a wee bit of confusion and can be a bit annoying.

We incorporate a supplier into our workflow processes. To ensure that they can update all tickets (doesn't matter who the client is), we had to ensure that the supplier had a client account in WHD and configured this account to allow him to update all tickets.

Regards,

Eberhard