This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgraded to NCM 7.8, now additional pollers can't get resources for nodes

I applied all available Solarwinds updates to our environment on 6 August 2018, bringing us up to NCM 7.8 and Orion 2018.2 HF4. After the updates, we cannot do the following:

• List Resources for a node that is handled by one of our additional polling engines.
  • Run network discoveries on any of our additional polling engines

We can list resources and run discoveries from the main Solarwinds (Orion) server.

I've traced this to an issue with instantiating a couple of NCM components (SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer and SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin) on the APEs. If I uninstall the NCM components from an APE, we can list resources and run discoveries from the APE. If I reinstall the NCM components, we can no longer list resources or do discoveries.

I have a case open with Solarwinds, but I'm wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem after upgrading to NCM 7.8 and Orion HF4. If you had this problem, were you able to fix it? How?

These errors appear over and over in the Core.BusinessLayer.Log file on all of the additional pollers:

2018-08-07 11:37:30,863 [11] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Discovery.Framework.Pluggability.DiscoveryPluginFactory - (null) Unhandled exception occured during instantiating type [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin.NcmDiscoveryPlugin] from assembly [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin]
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeLoadException: Method 'PrepareUpgrade' in type 'SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer.FirmwareUpgrade.FirmwareUpgradeManager' from assembly 'SolarWinds.Cirrus.BusinessLayer, Version=7.8.0.1507, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' does not have an implementation.

2018-08-07 11:37:30,863 [11] ERROR SolarWinds.Orion.Core.BusinessLayer.CoreBusinessLayerService - (null) Unhandled exception occured when rescheduling discovery jobs
System.TypeLoadException: Unhandled exception occured during instantiating type [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin.NcmDiscoveryPlugin] from assembly [SolarWinds.NCM.Discovery.Plugin]

Thanks very much for any assistance or insight!