This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

WPM You must be an WPM administrator to perform this action

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to invoke hostname:17778/.../Unmanage with a service account that has Administrator permissions as listed in Orion.SEUM.WebUserPermissions. I'm getting a response of 403 Forbidden saying that I'm not an administrator. Any ideas?

Edit: I also want to point out that I'm passing in credentials in my web request and have been able to successfully unmanage/manage nodes as well as change custom properties on nodes and transactions.

Thanks,

Cody

• Hi Cody,

Are you sure that the user you are using to authorize the request has PermissionValue = "True" for PermissionName = "SEUM.SEUMAllowAdmin" in Orion.SEUM.WebUserPermissions?

Does your error message look like this:

{

"Message": "You must be an WPM administrator to perform this action.",

"ExceptionType": "System.Security.SecurityException",

"FullException": "System.Security.SecurityException: You must be an WPM administrator to perform this action.\r\n   at SolarWinds.SEUM.Verbs.VerbsBase.ValidateAdminRights()\r\n   at SolarWinds.SEUM.Verbs.Transactions.ValidateAndGetTransactionId(String netObjectId)\r\n   at SolarWinds.SEUM.Verbs.Transactions.Unmanage(String netObjetId, DateTime unmanageTime, DateTime remanageTime, Boolean isRelative)\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutor.ReflectionInvocation(Object hostInstance, Object[] parameters)\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Verb.VerbExecutorContext.Invoke()\r\n   at SolarWinds.InformationService.Core.InformationService.Invoke[T](String entity, String verb, Action`1 setupParameters, Func`2 extractReturnValue)\r\nThe Zone of the assembly that failed was:\r\nMyComputer"

}

Wojciech

• Hi,

I do get that error, but the value is indeed set to true.

• Does your account have non-asci or special characters in the name?

I would also make sure that in the Orion console the account has WPM User role set to Admin (Go to All Settings -> Manage Accounts -> Select your account -> Edit):

pastedImage_0.png

If it is already "Admin" I would try changing it back to "User" save it and change again to "Admin"