I have setup a custom poller that pulls from the MIB CISCO-CDP-MIB:cdpChacheDeviceId.
Specifically OID: 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.6
I'm doing to alert on unauthorized devices that plug into the network.
I've added the custom poller to the Node Details, Networks Tab, and it is showing all the devices attached with no issues.
I'm however having problems with the alerts.
I've created an alert with the following information
I want to alert on:
Custom Table Poller Current Status
All objects in my environment
Trigger alert when:
All child conditions must be satisfied (AND)
Custom Node Poller Unique Name Is equal to cdpCacheDevceId
Custom Table Poller Current Status Current Value does not start with SEP
Custom Table Poller Current Status Current Value does not contain NRouter
Custom Table Poller Current Status Current Value does not contain NSwitch
When entering the values I see lots of SEP##### (cisco Phones) so it looks like it pull from the correct column in the table.
On the summery screen above submit I see This alert would be immediately trigger on 1 object(s) in the alert scope. When I click on Show List it shows unknown.
Unknown is the value in Display Name Field on the Select Field/Event screen, so not sure if that is where it is pulling that name from. The table pulls two fields from the OID which correlate to Current Value: and Row ID:
The real issue is the alert never actually triggers.
Update: The alert is working, but their is no useful information on the alert. if shows the display name of unknown instead of the Current Value field.
Issue resolved, created a new UnDP to look at the CDP neighbor IP OID, and change the label to use the CDP Neighbor name.