2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2018 10:09 AM by ddeschamps

Static IP Discovery

ddeschamps

Hello,

I am currently evaluating IPAM and I am facing a small problem.

I added a DHCP Server, got a nice list of scopes and corresponding discovered subnets. But in those subnets I only see the IPs that are managed by the DHCP Server itself, even if the filter set to "all". I redid a scan on one of the subnets but no change.

So, how do I get the static IPs to show in that those subnets? Do I need to add IP ranges to the subnets?

Thank you in advance for any help provided.

• Re: Static IP Discovery
          rogdog

Hi,

IPAM is capable of automatically adding the DHCP scope subnets and then scan the subnets for used static IP addresses.

Try checking your DHCP server properties in IPAM to make sure that the 'New Scope and Subnet Settings' are enabled.

• Re: Static IP Discovery
              ddeschamps

Hello.

thank you for the answer. I checked and the scan settings properties look ok.

I think my problem is that only parts of the scope are included (and other are excluded) from the Address Pool. It looks like IPAM only scans the IPs that can really be assigned by the DHCP server. The scope in question is used for servers. Most of those only use static IPs and a few use DHCP.

I manually added a range of IPs, that are not not included in the address pool, to the corresponding subnet and those IPs got scanned without problem.