1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 8:35 AM by cyribus

Alerts on Nodes after they have been put into Unmanaged state.

rwoodburnwmna

I am new to Solarwinds and I am running version NPM 12.3.  If I put a server into "Unmanaged" state will the email alerts stop being sent?  If not where do I fine "Mute" to shut off the alerts?

• Re: Alerts on Nodes after they have been put into Unmanaged state.
          cyribus

Hi Rwoodburnwmna,

Technically it should stop the alerts. If there is a specific alert it still triggers and you do not need that node monitored by the alert I would add a selection in the alert to remove the node from the alert. An example would be to go to the trigger condition and add a single value comparison. select node> Node name> is not equal to> "node name". That should remove that particular node from the alert.

You can also create a custom property (yes/no) for all nodes in the alert assign the value for them of yes. Add a trigger condition single value comparison showing that the value on the custom property has to be set to yes. Anytime you need to mute the node just go to the values on the custom property and change the value to no and it will mute the alert on that node. I hope this helps.

Cyribus