can you please tell us where the Debug Logs are located, we want to troubleshoot the XML that is being sent to Service Now using Service Now Incident Action.
'C:\ProgramData\SolarWinds\Logs\Orion\' The file will start with BusinessLayerHost.
What you're probably looking for though are the debug logs in ServiceNow. To obtain those follow these instructions.
Set logs to debug level
- Locate SolarWinds Alert Integration / Configuration / Properties page in ServiceNow.
- Set log verbosity to debug and press Save.
Replicate the issue
New log verbosity will only affect new logs so it's necessary to replicate the issue.
- Locate SolarWinds Alert Integration / Support / Logs and System Logs / System Log / All in ServiceNow.
- In both tables should be log records.
- Export data to Excel, option is available in column menu Export / Excel.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
In default actions are not executed on unmanaged objects. If you would like to change this behaviour go to Settings -> polling settings and check "ALLOW ALERT ACTIONS FOR UNMANAGED OBJECTS".
Because Create servicenow incident is action it wasn't executed.
LadaVarga, I truly owe you one.
This is what happens when we think we know SolarWinds Orion , I have been so used to the tool and functionality that I have stopped looking for things which are bare minimum, I am loosing on my basics - thanks a ton for guiding me on this, that was the exact issue and you nailed it.