This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I need help in creating a simple report

I've been tasked in testing NTA for our Production environment.

one of the tasks which are required for NTA is to provide a simple report that will show the top "x" destinations + ports which were in use in a time frame.

I manage to come out only with this option, the downside of this output is that there are  a lot of blank lines:

pastedImage_0.png

also when I export it to xls file - it provides the duplicates which I definitely don't want -

pastedImage_3.png

can someone guide me how to create a report that will show top 200 destination IP + ports that are being used.

of course I don't need duplicate information - for example 72.163.55.106 should be shown only once.

BUT - if possible to have a count on how many time this destination has been in use that would be very useful (and I'd like to create the order that way).

please help !!!

• If you did what I just did and left the NodeID field in and hidden it will effect your results unless you also want to include the node ID.

If you just want to see what the destinations, ports and the count of those are, this is what I did just with the GUI interface:

2018-07-12_10-18-31.png

2018-07-12_10-19-06.png

2018-07-12_10-19-36.png

Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for, but hopefully it helps. You may want to play around with the sorting and grouping, but if you have unused fields or hidden fields in your table that can effect how the data is displayed.