3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2018 10:41 AM by nathan.hejnicki

power supply alert notification

soaliou

Hi all,

Is there way to get full information about a power supply or fan when it goes down? such as Name, Ip address and location, etc... without clicking on the View full alert details here: https://ORION.PCS.ORG:443/Orion/View.aspx?NetObject=AAT:39976

from the email notification

Thank you.

• Re: power supply alert notification
          nathan.hejnicki

Yep, you can insert those using the Insert Variable buttons. Because hardware sensors are tied to the Node, the IP of the node and all that other info is available.

Let me know if you have any other questions around this and I'll do my best to help.

Nathan Hejnicki

Loop1 Systems

soaliou

Hi Nathan,

I tried that before I posted the problem. I defined all variables. In fact alert displays the information I need after I click on the link View full alert details here.

Once I click on the link then it takes me to Solarwinds website where I can see the alert details. I don't want that

I want to be able to see all information without clicking on the link. Because on the cellphone clicking on the link won't redirect me to solarwinds website to view the contents.

For instance when a switch or router goes down. I can see all the information I need such as name, ip address, location and so on in the email

But when a Power supply or Access point goes down I only receive a link  in the email to click on in order to know what is.

Any other suggestion?

Thank you

nathan.hejnicki

You included the variables in the actual email trigger action for it? Because it sounds like you put them in the alert message but the alert message isn't what controls the contents of the email, that is configured in the actual "Send an email" alert action message body. If you've done that and they're still not working, there may be some other issue going on. Would you mind providing a screenshot of the alert trigger action that sends the email? I may be able to help you on this one if I can see what you're dealing with.

Nathan Hejnicki

Loop1 Systems