3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2018 1:34 PM by cyribus

Unable to receive tickets in WHD from alerts in Orion

msilva2

I have an environment that does not have an SMTP server but need to get alerts from Orion to create tickets in Web Help Desk.  I did the Solarwinds Integration but fear that this is running over SMTP (if its not then I would love to know which port it is going over) and the integration says it has been successful.  I also made sure in Orion to check the box to alert integrated Solarwinds products but I still get nothing on the Web Help Desk side.  I know there is REST API but have not gone down that road yet, would like to use the native connection if at all possible.  Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Unable to receive tickets in WHD from alerts in Orion
          cyribus

Hi msilva2,

I would like to ask you a few questions if you do not mind? Question one, what version of WHD are you using? Question two, with the integration asking for a request type to be assigned, did you create a new request type for the alerting or use an existing one? Question three, on your request type you are using, do you have the request type assigned to a specific group, location, or department? Thank you for your patience in these questions.

I am editing this response after further research. The alerts trigger the tickets via SMTP in the system. Wish I had better news for you.

Cyribus