This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

At what point are database tables determined to be large enough to negatively impact performance of the Solarwins SQL server and Orion Web Console?

Each time I visit the Database Details page, in my Solarwinds environment, I see Alerts in the Retain Stats , Retain Events, Retain Syslogs, Retain Traps area.  I suspect the alerts are not actually alerts, but may simply be the graphics Solarwinds chose to highlight the importance of these settings:

pastedImage_1.png

When I click on the links and visit the Database Statistics page, I'm not certain how the information there is to be interpreted.  Are these specific numbers (see graphic below) indicating problems?  Or normal operation?

pastedImage_0.png

Here's hoping some Orion Database SQL folks with experience in this specific area can provide insight!

Yours,

Rick Schroeder