3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2018 7:59 PM by ralph.pineda

Agent Deployment

ralph.pineda

hi guys, im planning on using the agent to our cloud server and no site to site or direct connection on the cloud provider. May i ask your assistance what will be the orion server IP Address or Hostname i will put if the orion is only accessible inside our network.@

• Re: Agent Deployment
          mesverrum

Obviously there has to be some kind of path between your cloud and your solarwinds server if you want the to communicate.  If you don't have a vpn type connection then the most common setup I've seen is to put an APE inside a DMZ zone and give it a public address.  You could technically put the Solarwinds server itself in the dmz but I get nervous about exposing it that much since it typically has access to everything in your org.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            yaquaholic

We have our Orion console made publicly available via one of our F5s, this presents the required agent ports and our Orion webserver to the public internet.

As long as your cloud can access the internet, you can do a server initiated agent setup pointing at the F5's external IP.

Hope it helps

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              ralph.pineda

Thank you for the input, im also considering assigning public IP address on our Orion server since no direct connection on cloud provider.