This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Find a Device by IP range

Trying to find network devices by IP address. Is there an instruction for the following?

1) find a Device if it has an IP address between    10.1.1.1 - 10.1.1.10

2) find all Devices that reside within  10.1.1.0/24

• Sarif5,

I'm unclear if you're trying to find all nodes "in Solarwinds" within that address range or all nodes "on the network" in that address range? 

If you're looking for nodes in Solarwinds within that address range, in Orion version 2017.3 they introduced the Solarwinds Orion Search feature.  Do a search on the first three octets of the subnet and Solarwinds will return with all nodes in management in that subnet.

pastedImage_0.png

The only solution I know of for finding all nodes in a subnet range is to use UDT.

• Well, it seems to be limited to "Polling IP Address". A Network Device usually have multiple VLAN's beside the Management IP address for the device.

I am looking for something more like as following-

For example:

SW10:

Vlan2- 10.10.2.0/24

Vlan3- 10.10.3.0/24

SW11:

Vlan2- 10.10.2.0/24

Vlan3- 10.10.3.0/24

Vlan4- 10.10.4.0/24

In this case, searching 10.10.2.  should list both SW10 and SW11, though their "Polling IP address" might be in different VLAN.

Any suggestion?