This content has been marked as final. Show 1 reply
Below is the services description
- SolarWinds Trap Service - handling device Traps messages
- SolarWinds Syslog Service - handling device Syslog messages
- SolarWinds Orion Module Engine - interact with MS Database and reads/writes polling data there.
- Solarwinds Information Service (v1 v2) - can interact with persistence storage (not just MS SQL) and mainly reads data from there.
- SolarWinds NetFlow service - NPM NetFlow module specific service.
- SolarWinds Job Engine (v1 v2 v3) - data processing service. Usually does a device polling (icmp, snmp).
- SolarWinds Collector Services - responsible for polling data processing and requests. Prepares data for the persistence storage.
- SolarWinds Alerting Engine - processes all the alerts (those which you can see on web console for instance) for every SolarWinds product.