2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 3:48 PM by cyribus

How Do You Change The Default Status Of Newly Created Tickets?

mike ikezoe

Afternoon everyone,

Is it possible to change the default status of a newly created ticket. Example as of now when a new ticket is created from the web portal by a end user the status automatically is set to "Open". I would like to change the default status to "NEW". This will allow tech's to see what tickets haven't been touched yet and still need work. I also believe this status can confuse the end user if they see "open" they might believe that someone is working on the issue right away.

• Re: How Do You Change The Default Status Of Newly Created Tickets?
          justin.gray@weldre4.k12.co.us

If you're ok with the setup otherwise, probably easiest to just go to Setup > Tickets > Status Types, select 'Open' status type and change the name from 'Open' to 'New'.

• Re: How Do You Change The Default Status Of Newly Created Tickets?
            cyribus

If you create a status  titled "New" you can set up an action rule under Setup> Processes> Action Rules to change the "Open" status to "New" upon ticket creation. Under the tab "Action Rule Info", give the action rule a name and select on all ticket updates for the evaluation criteria and below you will see a selection for "when criteria evaluation matches". In that area select "only on ticket creation". Move to the criteria tab and select Status> is> Open. Under the action tab select Change Status> New. This should only change the ticket status to new when the ticket is initially created. It would not matter if it was created by a tech or a client, the outcome should be the same. I hope this helps.

1 of 1 people found this helpful