This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How Do You Change The Default Status Of Newly Created Tickets?

Afternoon everyone,

Is it possible to change the default status of a newly created ticket. Example as of now when a new ticket is created from the web portal by a end user the status automatically is set to "Open". I would like to change the default status to "NEW". This will allow tech's to see what tickets haven't been touched yet and still need work. I also believe this status can confuse the end user if they see "open" they might believe that someone is working on the issue right away.

• If you're ok with the setup otherwise, probably easiest to just go to Setup > Tickets > Status Types, select 'Open' status type and change the name from 'Open' to 'New'.

• If you create a status  titled "New" you can set up an action rule under Setup> Processes> Action Rules to change the "Open" status to "New" upon ticket creation. Under the tab "Action Rule Info", give the action rule a name and select on all ticket updates for the evaluation criteria and below you will see a selection for "when criteria evaluation matches". In that area select "only on ticket creation". Move to the criteria tab and select Status> is> Open. Under the action tab select Change Status> New. This should only change the ticket status to new when the ticket is initially created. It would not matter if it was created by a tech or a client, the outcome should be the same. I hope this helps.