7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 29, 2018 5:50 PM by chad.every

Alerts and SMS

marnell

At first I had setup an alert to trigger when the uplink on each switch would go down, but I kept getting false alerts. I had used a complex trigger. I kept getting false alerts. I doubled check the switch and logging. Then SW recommended I change the trigger to a simple one and I did. I got the same results.

I have edited the default "Node is Down" to the message I want to be displayed which works perfect. Is there a way to customize alerts by groups?

I see I can create custom alert, but is there a way to create group alerts without having to emulate the alert for each node/switch?

IE:

I have group for all Building 1 network gear. (Tech 1 Tech 2) (Group Building 1)

I have another group for all network gear in a different subnet and location. (Tech 3 Tech 4) (Group Building 2)

I want to create an alert by the group to send a text or email to the HD Tech at those specific locations without the other tech from other sites receiving them. At the moment all network engineers get the email, text and a script automatically creates a work order. So from the above setting I want the action below to happen.

A node goes offline in Building 1 --> alert is send to Network Engineers default and alert is sent to Tech 1 and Tech 2 only(email and text) --> work order generated

A node goes offline in Building 2 --> alert is send to Network Engineers default and alert is sent to Tech 3 and Tech 4 only(email and text) --> work order generated

Hopefully I described it good enough that you all can understand.