3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 11:35 AM by shattori

Bug with custom field drop down lists and alerting

shattori

I just reported this as a bug to to support, but thought I would also post it here for anyone else that may experience this.

If you add a custom field drop down (other than Yes/No) and then create an alert that says "is not equal to" and use the drop down, the alert will not work.

In my case, I have a custom field called "District" and a drop down list with multiple entries.

When I set the alert up like this, it does not work:

Node custom properties:

If I remove the custom field from the alert, then it will trigger:

Initially support tried to tell me that development said this was expected behavior. They advised that you cannot use drop down lists (other than Yes/No) in alerts.

1) That's absolutely ridiculous

2) That's not true.

I changed a node to to have the district set to Reynolds

Then I change the alert to say if the district "is equal to" Reynolds send the alert

and that works

This is clearly a bug.

I wanted to post this here in case anyone else ran into this. The support technician told me he advised another customer last week that they couldn't do alerting on custom field drop downs so I wanted to get the word out that you should be able to and that this needs to be fixed.

The support technician told me he was escalating this to development so my other reason for this post is to make sure that this does not slip through the cracks. This is a pretty big deal for us.

My case number for this is 00124609.