This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

MAC Address/ Vendor Alerting

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to work in UDT to set up an alert for devices that show up/ are already on the network that we consider rogue. One potion I have thought about is using MAC address ranges for each vendor we'd consider rogue and the other was vendor names themselves. The idea is to get alerts for access points that should not be on our network - non-enterprise-class stuff.

I keep trying to find the field 'I want to alert on' and have tried multiple options including Rogue MAC Vendor, Node, and several more and even though I know I have devices on the network that fulfill the conditions I set (Vendor name, vendor MAC address range) on the last page of configuration of the alert the notification states there are no devices the alert would be triggered for.

Can you please help me understand what fields I should use to get an alert like that working?

Thank you in advance,

Wojtek