This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EMC Vmax, SMI-S, and SNMP

Apologies up front - I am a Storage Admin and getting this information second hand from the guy tasked with installing SRM.  He is having trouble discovering my EMC Vmax3 400K with SRM.  I have installed a SUSE VM (OVA) provided by EMC that includes Solutions Enabler and ECOM/SMI-S server.  He is insisting that SRM cannot discover the Vmax until it sees it via SNMP.  Since this is a canned OVA from EMC we do not have access to its SNMP configuration, and I have told him that any SNMP info that he pulls from the VM will not include a single bit of information about the storage.  Is it correct that the SUSE server must be discovered via SNMP before SRM will communicate with the ECOM/SMI-S server?  We are both SRM rookies so any assistance would be appreciated.