This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgrade ServU from 15.1.1 to 15.1.6

I'm upgrading ServU for the first time the server appears fairly cut and dry the Gateway instructions are slim.   Making the jump from 15.1.1 to 15.1.6  does anyone foresee any major issues?  

• I did that upgrade on 32 hosts but only went to 15.1.5.  I've not needed to turn on half of them yet as they are powered down at the DR site but from the 16 live ones we haven't hit any snags.  None of them experienced a problem although you need to have your license keys ready to re-apply.

If you're using a database for users make sure you back this up first.  On the machine you're testing it on first make sure you also restart your Serv-U File Server services and take a backup of the ServU.Archive file in C:\ProgramData\Rhinosoft\Serv-U.  There are some differences in the database on where SSH Keys for user accounts are referenced over earlier versions.  I'd set up a test SFTP user that uses keys for authentication before the update.  After the update see if this user still connects.  That should test most things that could go wrong.