This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL: CPU Monitoring with sustained threshold

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to add a 'sustained' threshold for CPU monitoring with a SWQL query.

I wanted to create a CPU Monitoring dashboard that will trigger when the CPU load has reached a 90% threshold + sustained for over 30 minutes.

I created this simple dashboard, however, it's only reporting in near real-time.

select n.caption AS [Nodes],'/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:' + ToString(n.nodeid) AS [_LinkFor_Nodes],

n.CPULoad as [CPULoad]

,'/Orion/NetPerfMon/NodeDetails.aspx?NetObject=N:' + ToString(n.nodeid) AS [_LinkFor_CPULoad] 

,Case 

WHEN n.CPULoad < '89' THEN ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Warning.png') 

WHEN n.CPULoad > '90' THEN ('/Orion/images/ActiveAlerts/Critical.png') 

End as [_IconFor_CPULoad], 

cp.Application_Function, cp.Asset_Type

from orion.Nodes n

left join orion.NodesCustomProperties cp on n.NodeID = cp.NodeID

where n.CPULoad > '80'

order by n.CPULoad DESC

pastedImage_0.png

• Here's a query that returns nodes with their last-polled CPU load and also the lowest CPU poll value they had in the last 30 minutes:

SELECT N.Caption, N.CPULoad, MIN(N.CPULoadHistory.MinLoad) AS MinLoad

FROM Orion.Nodes N

WHERE N.CPULoadHistory.DateTime > ADDMINUTE(-30, GETUTCDATE())

GROUP BY N.Caption, N.CPULoad

ORDER BY N.CPULoad DESC

• Thanks TDanner.

I ended up creating a CPU alert with sustained 20 minutes, then creating another query to show the triggered CPU Alert.