This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SSH Private Key

Hi All

I am setting up an new SFTP domain and wish to use higher key length (2048)

I have created an SSH Private key with 2048 Key length and save the key file and configured as per article Configuring Serv-U For SFTP Access

When I save the Config I can see the SSH fingerprint in the resulting screen

pastedImage_4.png

However when I connect with WINSCP, I can see that the fingerprint Warning is still using the default 1024 key that seams to come with Serv-u

Any idea how to ensure that clients use my 2048 key?

Thanks

pastedImage_3.png

• Hi dodster​,

The most common reason why this occurs is caused by miss-configuration of the certificate or an import failure. I would recommend checking that the certificate that you created has definitely got a key length of 2048, and everything that you are seeing here matches the one you created.

If it is correctly configured and has 2048, then I would recommend trying to connect to this via FTP Voyager and seeing whether this has the same issue.

-Midnight

• Thanks fluffy midnight

I was able to generate a key file from a CA certificate that was 2048 bits and manged to Import this key to Serv-u

Now when I connect with WINSCP I am prompted to save the new key to the cache.

Must have been an issue with the key I generated

pastedImage_1.png