This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NTM Feature Improvement?

Hey All,

We recently purchased NTM and while it provides some quick and dirty troubleshooting functionality for us right now, there are a few things it's lacking preventing us from using it as our sole mapping source.  One of which is the ability to add manual devices and connections to those devices for things like our Checkpoint firewalls.

There also seems to be some limitations with the scanning capabilities of the software, in that it doesn't always draw all of our links between devices.  Mainly we see this on some of our L3 connections.

Does anyone have any information on when or even if some of these enhanced features will be implemented?

It might also be helpful if someone could link to exactly HOW the software performs network scans (i.e. does it utilize CDP, the routing table, difference between 0 and 1 hop, etc.).  That might help me understand why some of my links aren't being drawn automatically.

Thanks in advance!

• Hello calles​.  Manually adding devices is definitely a popular feature request.  What devices are connected that do not show as connected in NTM?

Your feedback is much appreciated.  In this instance it's not likely we'll be able to add them to the product right away, but it helps us think about future improvements.

NTM polls information about CDP, LLDP, ARP tables, and MAC tables.  The more available those sources are, the more likely you are to have map discovery work as expected!

• I don’t know, but we are a HP and Fortinet shop and it’s not finding the L3 and even some L2 links.  Something is not working in NTM

is is it because the SNMP is only the known standard oid’s? Or does it actually look at the private side of the device manufacture OID?

• We have devices such as Cisco ASA that do no support SNMP (or CDP for that matter) but would like to see them on the NTM map.