This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SAM add perfmon counter to chart

I am relatively new to Solarwinds and SAM.  Some experience using SCOM and NetIQ AppManager.

Using SAM 6.4

Creating a view for my Exchange administrators.

I have added a chart for MAX 5 SERVERS CPU FOR PAST 24 HOURS.  CPU is standard "built-in" data collection so I was able to add that "data series" no problem.

Would like to create a similar chart for RPC Averaged Latency which is an Exchange perfmon counter - part of the ExchangeIS object.

I have created an Application with a Component Monitor to pull this counter no problem.

However...

Can't figure out how to get that "data series" into a view chart.

> looks like I cannot include a Web Report into a console view

> creating a Custom Chart I don't see anything like that as a "Resource"; so far not able to figure out how to put that data stream into a data source / data series.

Can someone advise the best way to pull perfmon data gathered by a Component Monitor into a console view (chart of table).

Thanks much.

Rob

• Taking a stab at it ----

Try going to Admin, Manage Views, create a new view "Type of view: AppInsight for Exchange Application Details"

Then add your objects.

i did not confirm if what you want is possible, just suggesting a possible solution.