2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2018 11:19 AM by 300

For SQL server, is there any way to monitor auto create statistics option other than custom SQL?

Hi,

I am trying to create a monitor for all the SQL server DBs we have to alert if different SQL DB options are ON/OFF.

Like if the auto create statistics option is OFF, it should raise an alert.

I can easily setup a monitor using simple SQL as: SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sys.databases WHERE is_auto_create_stats_on = 0;

Then alert if result is greater than 0.

But this way I won't be able to inform which database has auto create statistics option OFF. And this makes it almost useless from DBA's point of view.

So I am trying to find if there is a way to inform (in message) which database or databases are having auto create statistics option OFF.

I tried to modify the above SQL to add second column with names of databases in concatenated string form but looks like it is not an easy task (or I don't know SQL enough)

So, I wanted to check if there is any provision in SolarWinds to monitor on this property. May be using App Insights for SQL?