This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Talari OID Not Valid?

Hi there,

I'm attempting to create some custom Pollers for Talari SD-WAN Appliances. When I go through the MIB browser, I see that Talari is listed in there, but whenever I select an OID to use I get an error that the OID is invalid. Can someone help me understand what this means?

• If you SNMPwalk that MIB, does the SD-WAN appliance respond?

• I performed a SNMP-Walk on our Talari SD-WAN appliance using SolarWinds SNMP Walk tool. This created a text file of all the OID's responding from the walk of the device along with the output that the OID provides.

I then Logged onto the Talari appliance and located the information I needed, in this case it was the serial number, or "Unique Identifier" according to the Talari.

I then copied this value from the Talari and did a CTRL + F within the text file of the SNMP walk to see if this value was generated at all from the walk. It was! (1.3.6.1.4.1.34086.2.2.12.1.12 - For anyone who wants it)

Within the UNDP application on our server, I had to change the "Advanced Options" for this UNDP within the "Define Your Universal Device Poller" dialog box to "SNMP Get Type: GET". It is set to "GET NEXT" by default which will cause the poller to generate a "OID is not supported" error.