This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

DPA Performance Details Accurate?

I have a critical alarm for a sql statement that's taking up about 30% of execution time running for 230 minutes. I look at the statistics and it apparently only ran once. I run the statement myself and it completed in under a second.

I then look at my next statement down that took up 20%. Again, it said it only ran once. I know for a fact that this statement has ran a few hundred times today.

I presume I'm misinterpreting the data, but I cant think of another way of interpreting it besides face value. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• I'll make an assumption that this is SQL Server, please correct me if not right.

We have a couple things going on here. I trust the overall impact (meaning total wait time you are observing from DPA).

What might be getting messed up are the stats. There are many reasons why stats for a query will get reset (think compiling) in the DMVs which is likely why you are seeing few executions.

Since we're pulling this data from SQL Server, the question is when we go back and periodically pull this, why is SQL telling us 1 execution?

If you need to dig into this further, we can share the query we use so we can go after raw data (take the product out of the equation), but that would require you open a support case so we can share that code.

HTH.

• I'll have to get back with you on Monday, as my manager left for the day, I'm new to this software, and I also realized after posting this my company is a few versions behind on the software. If after updating I get similar results, I'll open a support case then.

Thanks!

• Sounds good - don't hesitate to reach out!