This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Port Monitoring on Edge Ports

I am trying to find out if there is a way monitor edge ports while not having to worry about that the device is showing ports down. I don't really need to care about edge ports being down but I would like to actively monitor them for statistics and traffic purposes. I just don't want the device to show ports down when its nothing serious to worry about.

pastedImage_2.png

Notice how these two particular devices have interfaces that show as down. I don't really need to worry about those, so I would like to monitor them but not give me the status of downed interfaces. There will always be end user connections that come up and go down  so it would be nice to not have to always see the node alerting on interfaces being down unless its the uplink and important ports. Is this possible?