This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Node poll through Agent need credential for monitor IIS with Appinsight

I have a windows 2008 R2 Node with IIS 7.0 on that.

I poll this node with solarwinds Agent.

After Install Agent I can see IIS Appinsight in "list resource".

After enabling IIS Appinsight in List resource Application stat still Gray out and if you click on that in solarwinds web console menu appear and need for credential.

Also I read content of Solarwinds.APM.BlackBox.Iis.Jobs.log on my server and there is no issue within the lines.

So what Should I do now?

I need to know this also : Is agent import any certificate to my os ?

• There is no Answer on that thread!

My node works fine until IIS return a Certificate expiration error.

After re-issue the certificate for IIS website everything goes wrong  and Appinsight not able to do its job!

aLTeReGo

• Oh my bad xD Its been a long day lol

• No but its not my issue too.

I even changed Log on user too local administrator of my server but no different.

My log in Solarwinds.APM.Blackbox.Iis.jobs.log is like this when I click on "Test Credentials" with <Inherit windows credential from node> option selected in "Configure IIS server for monitoring" box:

--------- STARTED>

--------- checking cred:' ' for  ip:'my server's IP' local:True

--------- outcome=Available. Result:ErrorMessage: ' ' IsValidCredential:True, IsServiceRunning:False, IsValidPsUrlWindows:False, IsPowerShellInstalled:False, IsPowerShellWebAdministrationInstalled:False.

--------- <FINISHED

I think it so weird. cause this server monitored very well just before IIS website certificate expired and right after re-issue the certificate for that all of this happened.

I dont get what  is this mean "IsPowerShellInstalled:False"  in log file? cause powershell installed bu default on windows 2008 R2 and also run.

I should mention that my server has two vNIC and my solarwinds see this server from one vNIC and IP that showed in log file is the other IP address of server .

finally I should say that anythings work fine before changing the certificate.!!!!!!

• On the IIS Server, MMC can be used to view the expired Certificate:

1. Click Run, then type 'MMC'.
    2. Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
    3. Select Certificates then click Add.
    4. Select the Computer Account option.
    5. In the left-hand pane, expand Certificates > Personal > Certificates.

The certificate which Orion created can be seen with the following naming convention: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_Solarwinds_Zero_Configuration. You can view the Expiration Date from the Certificate from this Window

Cause

The SSL certificate which AppInsight for IIS is attempting to use has expired.

Resolution

Remove the existing WinRM listener that is using the expired certificate:

1. Open an elevated command prompt or PowerShell prompt.
    2. View the currently existing listener with the following command:
      winrmgetwinrm/config/listener?Address=*+Transport=HTTPS
    3. The CertificateThumbprint will match what is seen on the certificate.
    4. To remove the listener use the following command:
      winrm delete winrm/config/Listener?Address=*+Transport=HTTPS

Remove the expired certificate with MMC

1. Click Run, then type MMC.
    2. Go to File > Add/Remove Snap-in.
    3. Select Certificates then click Add.
    4. Select the Computer Account option.
    5. In the left-hand pane, expand Certificates > Personal > Certificates.
    6. Right-click the certificate which should be named as follows: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx_Solarwinds_Zero_Configuration.
    7. Click Delete.

Recreate the certificate and the WinRM Listener.

• Re-run the automatic configuration via Edit Application Monitor for AppInsight for IIS, or
    • Perform the manual configuration steps for the certificate and the WinRM listener.
  • If I remove and then reinstall Solarwinds Agent is that work?

• Removing the Agent itself will not reset the expired certificate used for PowerShell's WinRM. The expired certificate must be removed from the system and the WinRM settings referencing it need to be reset before Zero Config can be used to generate a new one.

• aLTeReGo

Sorry but there is no certificate with that name in my mmc panel.

Just there is a sub-folder in my root with "Solarwinds Agent" name that includes two certificate and none of them not expired (Solarwinds-orion and SWI-Orion-Agent(xxxxxxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx))

I want to know What if someone unintentionally clears the certificate?

how can I recreate that?

I should notice again that this issue happened after my https website's certificate expired and system admin create another certificate for that.

He told me first of all he wiped some certificate from the server.

I suspect he has erased the wrong certificate.

I have another hint :

winrm get winrm/config/listener?Address=*+Transport=HTTPS command return this message:

WSManFault

ProviderFault

WSManFault

Message = The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The service cannot find the resource identified by the resource URI and selectors.

Error number: -2144108544 0x80338000

The WS-Management service cannot process the request. The service cannot find the resource identified by the resource URI and selectors.

• I think there is no easy way to solve this problem.

aLTeReGo

grantallenby