0 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2018 5:52 PM by silverbacksays

NPM Review - Spread The Word!

silverbacksays

in order to pass on my experience with SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor,  I was asked to answer the flowing questions:

1. What was life like before using SolarWinds? (Include what you were using and why you decided it was time for a change)
      2. Which SolarWinds product(s) saved your bacon?
      3. Did you consider other options, and why did you choose SolarWinds?
      4. How has life been since you've rolled out SolarWinds in your environment?

My answers are below:

1. Before I decided to give the Orion product suite a try, specifically the Network Performance Monitor module, I had no visibility of my home office systems and any issues with them, I simply fixed any problems after they occurred, reactive maintenance!
      2. Both NPM and SAM have given me the ability to monitor key aspects of my environment, and visibility of issues I was not aware of previously, although I regard NPM as the cornerstone of the whole environment, as it came first.
      3. I considered Paessler's PRTG product, as I had used it before in a previous role, but decided to go with the Orion suite due to it's flexibility. You only buy the modules you need, for the features your require, allowing you to minimize any wasted functionality.
      4. I have the peace of mind that the systems my business relies on are being monitored effectively, and that I will have actionable metrics to work from, which will allow me to make informed decisions on capacity, hardware changes, and so on.

Hope you find this short review helpful!