3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2018 5:54 PM by DanielleH

Comparing Solarwinds NPM, SAM and VMAN With Competitors

121x

Hi All,

This thread could potentially be better suited for a product specific forum, but I wanted to obtain the highest level of visibility and because it spans multiple products I felt posting here would reduce spamming.

We are in the purchasing process for NPM, SAM, VMAN, NCM and NTA (to start), with potential additions of IPAM and LEM. Part of our process dictates that we need to go to market for competitive bids and weigh responses accordingly. Ultimately between the three vendors we have chosen, ManageEngine appears most similar in product offerings and functionality to the modules in question from Solarwinds. I am looking for customer specific responses in what differentiates the two vendors from a feature set and usability perspective. Our nod towards Solarwinds is the Orion framework, single pane of glass and integration of modules across the product portfolio, out of the box monitors for critical Microsoft infrastructure services, VMAN has no market competitors (in terms of integration into a single framework in tandem with other modules). That said, we need to provide valid tangible differentiators to score on. I have been a long time customer of Solarwinds in different companies and organizations over the past 10 years, but I do not have any recent experience with ManageEngine's comparable solutions in the past 3+ years. When you view the feature sets, they seem very very close. However we all know there is a lot more to a product than that - like user experience, community/company support, product innovation, regular development updates, clear roadmap, seamless integration of products, experience of customer support and access to developers/engineers, where customer support is located (ease of communication and time zones, etc.) to name a few.

So I am looking to the Solarwinds customer base to help in providing some relevant feedback that will help sway the decision in favor of Solarwinds, but some real life experiences in comparing the two products would be extremely beneficial as well. I simply do not have the time to setup all of the same solutions/components from Manageengine and compare like for like.

Many thanks!

• Re: Comparing Solarwinds NPM, SAM and VMAN With Competitors
          yaquaholic

I had a similar request a few years back, and I asked SolarWinds for assistance. When i asked if they had any product comparisons, they supplied some documentation detailing where the SolarWinds products match or beat their competitors.

Now this was a few years ago and things might have changed, and I know these documents are not on general release, so you will need to request them.

Reach out to your local Solarwinds sales or the support team and see if they can help.