This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Solarwinds N-Central

Hi Team,

I am new to SolarWinds N-Central, I have few questions.

What is the architecture of Solarwinds N-Central, Do we use database to save the data, or is it stored in Solarwinds Server (FLAT Data).

Kindly mention the Components in Architecture diagram

What is the difference between Probe and Agent.

If want to install Solarwinds, what are the components I need to consider, Number of accounts used and what level of permissions should we provide.

How do we monitor the Windows Server Environment, if their a specific account used or do we have to give run as account.

How to monitor Application like sharepoint, SQL Server, DBA instances.

Awaiting for reply

Thanks in Advance

• Hi there,

First I want to welcome you to SolarWinds MSP!   Secondly, let me point you to the resources that will help you get the answers you need. The SolarWinds MSP products have their own community.   We have forums dedicated to N-Central where new customers like yourself can post questions and get answers from other MSPs or members of the N-Central product team https://community.solarwindsmsp.com/  This site also contains a wealth of information on our products including documentation and training videos.

I can also arrange for you to have a product walk-through with one of our engineers who can go over the product's features and answer your questions in the process.  If you are interested, send me a private message with your name, company account name and I can get this set up for you. In the meantime, feel free to check out this product walk-through video MSP N-central - Full Technical Walkthrough - YouTube

Hope this helps,

Melissa

SolarWinds MSP Community Mgr.