This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Asset Number - name in front of the number

Hello,

i have the following question:

How can i change the Asset Number that there is only a number without name in front of it?

For example i got displayed "Asset Number - 1234".

I want that the number is ongoing without "Asset Number - 1234", Only "1234".

Does someone know how i can change these settings?

Thank you.

• First of all, you need to change the next asset number entry, you do this by creating a new asset, and in the Asset number field edit it so it's only numbers as you require. Once you have saved this (dummy) asset, any new assets created after that will use the standard number series.

As for old assets, if you use serial numbers as a unique key, you can export the assets to an excel document, then import them again using the asset import template, but change the asset number field as you want it, and remember to import sync by serial numbers. untick add new asset, just in case, to stop duplicates.

If you use asset discovery connectors you might have to fiddle with them too.

regards

Chris

• Thank you, it works. When there are several administrators creating assets, how can you guarantee that the numbering will be synchronized ?

Do you have to reastart the helpdesk to sync?

Beste Regards

Johannes

• You'll just have to tell your asset administrators not to edit the asset number, you can't lock it.

You shouldn't need to restart WHD. Asset discovery connector can be run manually if required, but that will not edit the incorrect asset numbers, you'll have to export and re-import as suggested above. If you sync using serial numbers, then your asset sync will carry on working as before.

regards

Chris