5 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2018 10:59 PM by pratikmehta003

Solarwinds to SNOW integration

pratikmehta003

Hi All,

I am aware that there is a default connector which helps in connecting Solarwinds to SNOW and there is also another way which is from SNOW wherein it pulls the data from Solarwinds over API.

My question is, in the Solarwinds event logs, we get lot of activities logged like interface name changed, ifspeed changed etc.. which are not the actual alerts. Since SNOW pulls everything from events table, it directly processes these events as alerts in SNOW. Now everytime we will have to write rules for such scenarios so that this doesnt result into a ticket. Is there anyway to avoid these events getting logged in Solarwinds?

• Re: Solarwinds to SNOW integration
          tmeyers

Hi... we use the API to open tickets for Server/node Up Down status only..... Here's our incident detail and state management for the trigger condition.  This allow us to have a ticket opened and assigned to the appropriate group when an server goes down.... when the server comes back up on line the ticket is automatically closed in SNOW.... hope this helps

tmeyers

Sorry.. the above is trigger actions... here's the trigger condition to go along with it.... note the 5min wait at the bottom... that is needed to ensure we don't create tickets for any scheduled maint reboots of the windows servers.....

pratikmehta003

tmeyers

I am referring to the events that we see in Solarwinds actually... like the below one which i have taken from solarwinds demo website. There are certain events which get logged like IP address changed etc..

So when the integration is from SNOW using pull method, all such events get converted to alerts....and then we need to write rules for the one's we need. But my question is can we not restrict such events at solarwinds level? For ex, i am not interested when the IP address changes for the device OR some component got changed on a server.

Hope its clear now..