This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Custom Dashboard

How can i create a custom dashboard where i want bandwidth graphs for particular interfaces only from different devices. I might add more things to it like memory and CPU.

• Probably the easiest way is by using the "Top XX Interfaces by Percent Utilization" resource.. this resource is on the default Top 10 view already. I suspect you are looking to create a custom Top 10 view of your own anyhow, since you mentioned added CPU and memory later. Might be easier to simply copy that view and modify it for this. But as for displaying the interfaces you want, you'll need to create some custom property on the interfaces you want and filter the resource. Example:

1. Add a custom property to the interfaces called "ConnectionType"

2. On the WAN router interfaces, add "WAN" to the custom property...maybe add "Internet" to the internet interfaces

3. Add the "Top XX Interfaces by Percent Utilization" resource to some view, or create a new view and add it there

4, Edit the resource and add a filter "ConnectionType = 'WAN' "

That will display only "WAN" interfaces on your chart. Hope that hleps.

D

• deverts​ Thanks.. I was able to do this by using custom properties. One thing more is there for it to show PRTG style traffic graphs for my selected interfaces on single page.

• This is another great option, and it will certainly provide you with the graph look-n-feel. I would caution you that it could get cluttered as you add more and more interfaces. Another option would be to add several Multi-graph resources to a dashboard and individually select the interfaces you want displayed. I was looking for a more dynamic solution for you that appears clean (less cluttered) on the page. But all the options are certainly valid and available.

D

• Thanks this helped, i did not now about the custom html setting before.

• Used to do this for a use case just like yours except it was Cacti rather than PRTG.  Only gotcha was when interface index numbers changed and you got a blank graph until fixed.  Although that was an issue whether or not external system was shown through Orion.  Might be the path of least resistance for you. We did something like this:

<body>

<row>URL for first Cacti interface http://192.168.1.1/blah-blah-blah/URL-including-Cacti-relevant-index-ID.html</row>
    <row>URL for second Cacti interface http://192.168.1.1/blah-blah-blah/URL-including-Cacti-relevant-index-ID.html</row>
    <row>URL for third Cacti interface http://192.168.1.1/blah-blah-blah/URL-including-Cacti-relevant-index-ID.html</row>

</body>

Same page showed some native SolarWinds resources and reports and the page was limited by group where group members were the selected interfaces.  Driven by custom property or group.