This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

EMC Isilon question

So we have stood up an EMC Isilon  - SAN admin set me up with the API user name and password - test connection worked and discovery kicked off and eventually failed with  - Storage Resource Monitor is able to connect to the device but no compatible arrays were found

​any tricks or tips here - especially since I dont have access to the SAN so I have to wait to the SAN admins to follow along

This issue is triggered by any of the following issues:·         An incorrect device category (template) was chosen – Confirmed that right one was used

·         Device was unavailable during discovery, or the SMIS provider itself could be unavailable. To test this you can use either the built-in Solarwinds CIM Browser tool from the Orion server: C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarWinds\Orion\SRM or you can use the TestSMIProvider.bat file to ensure connectivity – Connection test failed

·         The provider is installed but is not configured correctly to scan any devices. For more information on configuring your array and provider, see Add Arrays to SRM.

·         An unsupported version of the provider is being used. The version must should be 4.4 and later.

·         Find out if your Storage Array has a SMI-S provider built into the array itself (some more recent storage arrays can detect this) or if the SMI-S provider is installed as a 3rd party Service on a server somewhere. For EMC for example it commonly uses a service called ECOM. Make sure ECOM services is turned on and the service didn't die. Sometimes a common issue is that the ECOM service can start and then stop right away. Make sure the ECOM service starts and stays running. – asked the SAN admin to check on is end

·         Licensing can also cause this behavior. Check to make sure your license is large enough to accommodate a discovery. If necessary you can try unseating your license and reseating it to make sure the Orion module is calculating your License correctly and allows you to add an array. – we have plenty of disk licenses left