2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2018 9:26 AM by mad-stevo

NPM 12.2 - UI Perfomance

shocko

Using 12.2 Latest HF and the performance is horrible in the UI. I use many enterprise apps with web front ends that handle lots of nodes/data and they seems to be able to render much more quickly than seemly trivial pages in NPM. For example, the 'All settings' page regularly takes 3-5 seconds to load. This is slow as it should be just text based html. I've been looking at it with chrome dev tools and lighthouse and its seems the Javascript and general caching is not optimized at all, For example, this near 1 MB javascript library seems to be being repeatedly downloaded:

This also has the header no-cache on it.

I've a support ticket open and its been indicated to me that this is a known issue.

• Re: NPM 12.2 - UI Perfomance
          mad-stevo

I've experienced the very same issue on multiple client sites - 'apolloisolate'. I believe the issue is Perfstack related, seems to be evident on every post-Perfstack instance I have checked and thus it even slows down the Orion Demo site by many seconds per page load. I currently have a support ticket open also. Support have not yet acknowledged to me that this is the issue but based on my findings everything is pointing in the 'apolloisolate' script's direction and I've provided them the associated DevTools Performance jsons to prove it.

Here's the DevTools Performance json I created, detailing the impact of the issue on the Orion Demo: DevTools Timeline Viewer

• Re: NPM 12.2 - UI Perfomance
            jxchappell

Same here

Upgraded on 2/23 and performance has been awful since

I just installed a second web server last night on fresh hardware and still have the exact same issue

1 of 1 people found this helpful