2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 2, 2018 12:35 PM by gingrasp

NCM - Remove Windows servers and PCs NCM licensed

gingrasp

Hi,

I'm new in NCM. We backup our switch configurations. I had few hundreds of PC/Serveurs licensed with NCM, but there's no config taken from them.

I remove them all and the day after I had some of them come back NCM licensed. I see that we have a Network Sonar Discovery that scan a vlan where service PC (always on and monitored).

How can I remove them from NCM in the discovery?

Thanks

• Re: NCM - Remove Windows servers and PCs NCM licensed
          awalker1

There are 3 options under the NCM Licensed dropdown on node properties. Yes, No and Never. If you use Never it will not get added back by a network discovery. You want to set this under edit properties on all the devices where you do not want to backup the configs or a config does exist due to device type.

I typically go to Manage nodes and sort by Vendor. Then I add the NCM Licensed column. Then I sort by Yes for example on NCM Licensed filtered by vendor equals Windows. I select Everything set to NO or Yes and click on edit properties on 40 windows server for example. I then change the NCM Licensed to Never. You do have to be careful when selecting nodes as it sometimes won't let if you selected a mix of Polling methods. Try to do all the WMI nodes together and SNMP nodes together etc.

I hope this help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful