This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Problem with file copy using Solarinds SFTP & SCP Server

I recently received some new ISR4331/K9 Cisco routers.  While trying to copy newer IOS code to these devices I experience a copy failure. 

%error reading scp:......transfer aborted

Has anyone else experienced this?  I can complete the copy using FTP.  Also Cisco TAC advised that they completed using another SCP server (not a SolarWinds product).

THoughts or ideas?

• We have been experiencing this for some time as well.  No solutions.

• I have the same issue, it stops the service on my windows 7 32 bit VM.

I did wireshark  and the transfer starts off rather quick and then the TCP window updates start happening. the  transfers slows to a crawl and then the SCP server resets the TCP connection to the router  for some reason.

I am not forcing any modulus ( though I created a key with 4096 )  and even replicated in a lab environment.

The SCP server is from 2013 and i don't see any update on this forum or others this has ever been resolved.

• Has anyone found a solution to this problem?  Cisco seems to be using larger file sizes these days and my SFTP server is producing the same error.

• I was having a similar problem managing an ISR4321 that is connected through a VPN tunnel.  I was getting a different error "invalid argument" but that could be differences in IOS versions.

After checking the basics on the Orion SCP/SFTP server:

1. Service is running.
    2. Firewall rule enabled.
    3. Authentication configured or disabled.

I had to configure the source-interface on my router so it would source traffic from a tunneled interface.

conf t
    ip ssh source-interface Loopback0
    end

Then I was able to SCP from the router back to the server.