This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Is it possible to list the Veeam jobs that failed in the alert email?

I would like to know if it is possible to list the actual Veeam backup jobs and their status in an alert email.  Currently we have to log into Solarwnds and drill down into the alert to find out which jobs failed OR look at the Veeam reports.  We would like to include the detailed information which can be found when you drill down in Solarwinds in our alerts, so that we know what the issue is at first glance instead of having to look elsewhere.

Another possible solution would be if we could trigger a report to run as an alert action.  Currently it does not look like this is an option. 

Thank you

• We found a way to accomplish this by changing the alert from alerting on the application to alert on the component.  This allowed me to add the following to the email message:

${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.Node.NodeWarrantyAlert.HostName} ${N=SwisEntity;M=Application.Node.Location} ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.UserDescription} ${N=SwisEntity;M=ComponentAlert.ComponentMessage}

This email message now gives me the Hostname of the Veeam server producing the error.  The Location of that server.  The number of failed jobs and names of the failed jobs, and then the failed backup and replication jobs.