This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Embed open ticket in a web form

How can I embed the open ticket form on an external web page?

• When you say “external web page”, I assume that you mean a web page on a public-facing website. If so, there are a few security considerations that you'll want to address.

Security Concerns

1. The standard configuration is the Application server in the DMZ, and the Database Server behind a firewall. To reduce the attack surface, we recommend the SolarWinds WHD Virtual Appliance (VA).
    2. To prevent transmitting usernames/passwords over plain text, you’ll need to Force SSL and encrypt the web connection with an SSL certificate.

3. To prevent transmitting SQL query results over plaint text, you’ll need to ForceEncryption and secure the connection between the application and the database with an SSL certificate.

With regard to embedding the Help Request page elements into a separate website, the best way to accomplish this objective is with the REST API. This will require development.

You can find more information here:
    Web Help Desk REST API Guide

Alternatively, there are other methods that will achieve a similar result.

HTML iframe

You can embed the entire Web Help Desk Client Portal into a web page by nesting the Login URL in an HTML iframe.

Example:
    <iframe src="https://www.helpdesk.company.com"></iframe>

Web Parts

The Web Parts app in Microsoft SharePoint Online will accomplish the same objective.

Web Forms

You can use a form builder in WordPress or Joomla to create a standard web form. The client will complete and submit the web form. The web form will send the data to email. Web Help Desk will convert the email to a ticket.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Isaiah Carriere

Web Help Desk Consultant
    Adeptec: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

LinkedIN: Adeptec

○ Facebook: Adeptec

○ Twitter: @Adeptec

• Isaiah,

Thanks for the detailed response.

I was planning on embedding it in a web page, but I prefer the API solution.

Thanks for the link to it.

Binyomin Kolodny