This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Every ticket ever is showing in our queue

Early this morning I check on our requests and it showed around 65 open requests for our IT dept. I just got back from lunch because my staff were calling me saying ALL tickets are showing up. Our queue went from 65 to 16,571 - so all tickets open or closed are showing up. From my knowledge, no one has touched anything on the back end.

Has anyone seen anything like this and can point me in the direction to find a fix?

• If the incremental ticket count was up to 17924 with 65 tickets open, then I can make and educated guess as to what caused the problem.

An Admin or Technician must have completed a search of all Closed tickets. The person (Unknown Subject) then selected all tickets (Shift + Click). Then the Unsub used the Bulk Action tool to change the status of every closed ticket to open.

This is not a bug in Web Help Desk. And I highly doubt this would be caused by any hiccup in the database. This would have to be accidental or malicious activity.

The good news is it can be easily reversed.

To fix the problem, you'll need to search for all open tickets that were updated at the time of the problem.

These tickets should all have about the same date/time timestamp.

To reverse the process, you can select all of the tickets using Shift + Click and then use the Bulk Action tool to change the status of every open ticket to closed.

Finally, this may also be a good time to consider configuring Tech Permissions to limit access based on the role of each Technician.

The following permission should be restricted:

Other's Ticket Status Edit permission.

Setup > Techs > Tech Permission > Other's Ticket Status Edit

Other's Ticket Status Edit

If checked, the Tech may change the Status of Tickets assigned to other Techs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Isaiah Carriere

Web Help Desk Consultant
    Adeptec: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

LinkedIN: Adeptec

○ Facebook: Adeptec

○ Twitter: @Adeptec

• Thanks for the breakdown - with the info you provided I nailed the culprit! He finally fessed up - he's the new guy and didnt want to get in trouble. Just a reminder folks - just be honest even if you make a mistake, makes fixing the issue that much easier.

Thank you Isaiah