3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 23, 2018 10:04 PM by mesverrum

Report Permissions

rprovost76

So I am baffled at the moment. One of my application owners created a report--he's sent me a screenshot of it--and he is having problems with it, but I cannot see the report in order to assist him. I am logged on with Administrative rights to the system, Orion Platform version 2017.3.4 SP4, NPM version 12.2. I was under the impression that Administrators of the system should see all reports. Am I missing something here? Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

• Re: Report Permissions
          mesverrum

It is possible to apply report limitations that are independent of being an admin or not, but it is kind of uncommon.  Under your account/group you should see report limitations like this, most people it is default.

Then go to the Report Manager screen and check like this to see if any limitations are being applied to the report.

If those are all Default then I would be at a loss for why you wouldn't be allowed to view it.

rprovost76

Thank you for the reply, mesverrum. I checked the configuration of the Administrators group, of which I am a member, and the Report Limitation setting is Default. Does anyone know if it is possible to apply a limitation on an individual report that overrides Administrator priviledges?

mesverrum

Well that value being Default basically means you are in the default report group, that's why the second step is to go to the manage reports section and confirm that the report you are having trouble with isn't tagged with some limitation other than default.  If it is, then I suspect that is your problem.  I almost never use report limitations so i don't know off hand if there is a way to tag a single report in multiple groups or how they deal with that.