This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Hot backup of DPA Mysql with Veeam

Yo!

This question has probably been asked before but nowadays you need a Masters degree in Google Search to be able to write the right search string. So here I go!

Scenario: Solarwinds DPA on mysql, DB on a Vmware Linux (CentOS 7) VM, Backup software Veeam.

What is the best backup policy?

What happens if I do a freeze on the DB during snapshot, will DPA collaps/break, or be fine? Should I go for mysqldump on live db and backup the dump?

Cheers!

Per

• I'd go with the second. If you freeze the repo, DPA will keep trying to run transactions and query against it, so it will fail.

We do have some retry logic and really nothing you can do will "break" DPA, but it may cause brief gaps in monitoring.

With a live dump, that shouldn't impact anything on the repo side as far as DPA is concerned.