This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

different wait time in tabs of server reports

In the report of database Server we have different tabs , including SQL, Waits, Programs, ... .

When I switch between these tabs , the total amount of wait time ( in seconds ) changes . While I expected that total amount of wait time should be the same in all tabs .

This is two sample :

First : Top SQL Statement chart , which shows that maximum wait time was 24,000 seconds between 3-4 am

SQL.PNG

Second : Top databases chart, which shows that maximum wait time was more than 24,000 seconds and between 9-10 am

Database.PNG

I should mention that my server is SQL Server 2016 .

Thanks

• Yeah, what you are looking at within each dimension is the top 15 for the timeframe you are in (so 30 days, 1 day, 1 hour, etc.). So on SQL, it's the top 15 and their relative wait time. For Waits, it's the top 15 waits and their relative waits. etc. They will differ from dimension to dimension. Likely the closest to total wait time would be either the wait or database tabs as if you have more than 15, I'd think the contributing wait time below that numbers gets fairly minimal.

Let me know if that helps...